About the Course
Credit as an Asset is CBA’s signature training that leverages the expertise and experience of our vast community of nonprofit practitioners to identify credit building best practices across sectors and target markets. This six-part webinar series will help financial coaches and counselors:
- Understand credit building as an essential and viable activity, foundational to the successful implementation of any financial asset building strategy for low-income and underserved individuals and families;
- Understand the credit industry; in particular, how credit reporting, credit scoring, and consumer protection has evolved over the years;
- Explore tools and develop skills in order to design, implement, and measure credit building programs based on client needs and goals as well as organization missions and capacities;
- Understand how to identify affordable and responsible credit building products locally, and
- Learn about best practices in credit education, access to responsible financial products, and measuring and communicating client credit outcomes.
Individuals who complete the course, including all quizzes, will receive complementary access to the Credit Building 101 curriculum, available in both English and Spanish.
This course is approved for 6 CEUs for AFCPE ® Certified Professionals
Standard Rate: $250
CBA Member Rate: $100 (Please contact us at [email protected] if you have trouble accessing your Member Discount)
Group Rate: Groups of 3 or more will receive a 20% discount (Please contact us at [email protected] to register a group)
Dates and Times
CBA will provide this course in six, 1.5 hour live webinar installments. The webinars will take place each Wednesday from 2:00 - 3:30 pm (ET) starting on September 8th and concluding October 13th, 2021.
If you miss a session or wish to review a session, all of the course information will be updated on this course homepage. (Please note that you will need to be logged-in to view course information). Webinar recordings will be available within one business day of the live event.
Please note that you must create an account on the CBA Training Institute in order to register for the course. CBA Members can contact [email protected] with questions about accessing the CBA Member rate. Once registered, you will receive information to attend the live webinars.
Each webinar will be accompanied by a short quiz to enrich your learning experience. You must complete and pass all quizzes in order to receive a Certificate of Completion and access to Credit Building 101 at the conclusion of the series.